Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thomas has a little friend.

Thomas and Trent, originally uploaded by leslie.ann.


Tyson, our neighbor across the street, has a 21-month-old son Trent and is much more outgoing than me. He actually crossed the street to introduce himself a couple of weeks ago. Shocking, huh?

(An aside: it actually was a bit shocking. Thomas and I were doing laundry in the garage when I saw this young man walking up our driveway and into the garage with us. My first instinct was to keep him out of the garage so I was trying to corral him back outside when he explained that he lives across the street.)

Tyson and Trent came over to play in the yard today. Thomas and Trent don't exactly play together. Thomas gives his toys to Trent and then marches back over to recover them a few minutes later.


In other news, I planted some flowers.


I put in the landscaping timbers and filled in the bed with compost and manure. Unfortunately, Home Depot wouldn't cut the landscaping timbers so I left the ends open. It rained yesterday and a lot of the soil washed out into the yard. I had considered that possibility and decided that it wouldn't be a problem. However, I didn't account for the runoff from the roof of the house. Anway, I found something they would cut down for me and closed off the ends. Now, I just have to keep the flowers alive.

2 comments:

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very nice

Erin said...

I like how both boys look mildly pained in that picture. Hehe

Nice job on the flowers. I've been thinking it might be almost safe to plant some here. If I do, though, we are sure to have another blizzard.